Careers, Information and Guidance
The college provides a career adviser who can give advice on all aspects of future careers and prepare your child for life after education.
The Career Adviser for Key Stage 4 studentsat Newman College is Joanna Whitehead
Joanna works in school Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and she is based in the office opposite the College Reception. She is also available for drop-in meetings with students from all year groups at lunchtimes.
In the school holidays she is based in the Careers Office on Union Street in Oldham, (in between Sainsbury’s and the Art Gallery). Click here for a Map.
She can help you in the following ways:
- Help with making decisions related to your options after school, whether it be college, sixth form, apprenticeships or other study programmes. She can help you choose the best pathway for you.
- Help with University applications or plans after College.
- Help with college or job applications.
- Contacting colleges for you if you have not heard from them, missed appointments or changed your mind on courses.
- Help with putting together CVs and covering letters for job applications.
- Help to search for job/apprenticeship vacancies and how to apply for them.
- Help to find information regarding Universities and their entry requirements to ensure you are taking the correct subjects.
- Help finding voluntary work and work experience opportunities.
- Attending Parents’ evenings and contacting parents if they have any questions.
Joanna is available over the school holidays and will be contacting Year 11 students to ensure they are all happy with their plans and offer appointments if necessary. You can contact her in school or in the Careers Office as above or by email email@example.com or by telephone 0161 621 9372
Some websites providing Careers Advice (Click to view)