Asymptomatic Onsite Testing in School: 6 & 7 January 2022
Following DfE instructions and support from Public Health England in Oldham, we will be conducting a program of Lateral Flow Testing for all Newman College students on Thursday 6 and Friday 7 January 2022.
The return to school will be staggered as follows, for all pupils, in order to support this:
Year 7 & 11 pupils: Return Thursday 6 January 2022, all arrive at 9am Year 8, 9 & 10 pupils: Return Friday 7 January 2022, all arrive at 9am
The school day will operate as usual on these days and your child should attend on the day indicated above, regardless of whether you wish them to receive a Covid test or not.
Participation in testing is voluntary.
One test will be offered and will take place on the day indicated above. Your child will be brought down to the main performance hall when it is time for their test. A positive result will be notified to you immediately and you will be asked to come and collect your child as soon as possible.
In order to plan how this can be achieved efficiently, it is essential that you read the information below; decide whether you wish to give consent for your child to be tested; and notify the college using the link below.
• Having a test is VOLUNTARY and requires parent/carer consent.
• Testing will take place in College and pupils will be guided and supervised by school staff and Public Health England staff.
• If your child tests positive, then we will contact you by telephone to confirm that they must be collected from school immediately and a PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction) test booked at a designated COVID-19 testing site.
• Please note that students who have tested positive are currently not allowed to travel on public transport and therefore we would anticipate that arrangements will need to be made for them to be collected.
• If your child tests positive for Covid in the 90 days prior to 6/7 January 2022 then they should not participate in the College testing program.
• If your child displays symptoms of Covid, they should book a PCR test, isolate, and parents should inform school of their absence until the PCR result is received. This guidance has not changed.
To give your consent for your child to be tested as described above, then please open this link to provide us with consent and enter the required details (ensuring it is submitted), no later than 3pm on Friday 10 December 2021. In addition, please can I draw your attention to the Newman RC College Privacy Statement regarding testing, available below:
Thank you for your cooperation. Participation in lateral flow testing will help to identify positive cases and reduce the spread of infection. Coronavirus (COVID-19): guidance and support - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk) Yours sincerely
Director of Support Services