Remote Learning from 08/03
Dear Parent/ Carer,
Transition back to Face-to-Face Learning
We are delighted that students will return, in stages, to face to face learning on site next week.
To make the transition as successful as possible and allow learning to continue uninterrupted we are making the following changes:
1. Live Lessons will cease at the end of period 5 on Thursday 4th March for Year 11 and Friday 5th March for Years 7 to 10.
2. From 8th March students will follow their timetabled lessons independently by completing pre-set Assignments.
- Assignments can be accessed through individual subject Class Teams, by clicking ‘Assignments’ and finding the assignment labelled for that lesson, time and day. Students can view an electronic copy of their timetable by clicking on the ‘calendar’ tab.
Below is a reminder of the year groups learning at home.
Attend Form Time Monday and Tuesday. Follow your timetabled lessons each day. For each lesson complete the assignment set
3. Students working at home should log on and meet their Form Tutor at 9am (accessed via their calendar) as listed above. There will be no form meeting on Wednesday 10th March for Year 9 students due to their being no form time in school on a Wednesday.
4. Students that are isolating beyond the day of their year group’s return during the first week must continue to follow their timetable each day and complete the pre-set assignments set for them by their class teachers. They will meet with their year group’s virtual online form tutor at 9am on Thursday 11th and Friday 12th March.
5. From 15th March onwards, any students required to isolate will return to accessing pre-set assignments through their year group’s ‘Online School’ (rather than individual Class Teams). Further detailed information will follow next week. Each day will begin with a virtual Form Time meeting, broadcast live, hosted by the Year group’s virtual form tutor.
Subject Specific Support
Whilst lessons will not be live from 8th March, students can still contact their class teachers. Students should use the Teams ‘chat’ tab to directly message their class teacher for support with online learning. Students should be patient and allow up to 48 hours for a reply.
For questions or support that are not subject specific students can ‘chat’ message via Teams or email their Academic Co-ordinator.
If a student forgets their log-in details or requires a password reminder or re-set, they should contact our ICT support team by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Finally, I would like to convey how incredibly proud we are of all our students’ efforts with their remote online learning during the partial school closure.
We have continued to deliver the full curriculum and timetable through ‘live teaching’ remotely, however we are very much looking forward to returning to face-to face learning and cannot wait to see students once again.
We are very grateful to all parents and carers for their continued support. Thank you.
Mr D Maxwell - Assistant Headteacher for Achievement