Remote Learning from 15th March
12 March 2021
Dear Parent/ Carer,
Remote Learning Instructions from 15th March
From Monday 15th March students in all year groups will access their remote learning independently through their ‘Year Online School’ when reporting a Covid related absence.
1. Student will be added as a member to their ‘Year Online School’.
2. Students should log in to Microsoft Teams using their normal Newman username and password.
3. Students should join the Virtual Form Tutor meeting each morning at 9am which is posted on their Year Online School general channel. Students should reply ‘Good morning’ in the chat of the Virtual Form meeting to sign-in for registration that day.
4. On Wednesdays there will not be a live Form meeting to join. Students should still reply ‘Good morning’ to the Form message posted on a Wednesday to register.
5. Students should follow their regular teaching timetable. An electronic version of their timetable can be seen by clicking the ‘calendar’ tab on MS Teams.
6. Students should independently complete the assignments for their timetabled lessons on their days of absence. These will be labelled for the subject, week and lesson, e.g. History – w/c 15th March – Lesson 1 out of 2 would be the lesson to complete the first time a student has History on their timetable that week. Year 10 and Year 11 students should only complete the assignments for the subjects that they study.
7. Attach assignment work completed as a file or photograph of hand-written work to the assignment and then press ‘hand-in’.
Below is a link to a short tutorial video that demonstrates how to access the remote learning as outlined above. We advise students and parents to watch:
Students can still contact their class teachers using the Teams ‘chat’ tab to directly message for support with remote learning. Students should be patient and allow up to 48 hours for a reply.
For questions or support that are not subject specific students can ‘chat’ message via Teams or email their Academic Co-ordinator.
If a student forgets their log-in details or requires a password reminder or re-set, they should contact our ICT support team by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are very grateful to all parents and carers for their support and proud of our student’s efforts continuing their learning.
Mr D Maxwell - Assistant Headteacher for Achievement