Teacher of French & Spanish
Created in the image of God and shaped by the Newman family. Soaring spirits, curious minds, limitless aspirations.
Teacher of French and Spanish
With Possible TLR for Exceptional Candidate
Full time, ¦ MPS-UPS ¦ Pension Scheme (TPS) + Employee Health Assistance Programme + Staff Wellbeing team ¦ Required to start as soon as possible
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, highly motivated and inspiring individual to the role of Teacher of French and Spanish. The successful candidate should be well qualified, with the vision and energy to engage and empower young people and colleagues alike. You will need to be able to teach French & Spanish at GCSE level.
For exceptional candidates there will be the opportunity to take on extra responsibility for the organisation & administration of additional languages & the co-ordination of extra-curricular MFL events.
We are looking for applicants who have:
• Excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills
• Aspirations to progress in their professional careers
• The enthusiasm to engage and support students
What we can offer you:
• Experience of teaching in an Ofsted graded GOOD school (Jan 2020)
• State of the art facilities, reprographics room and coloured printers in every hub, fully fitted IT equipment in every classroom and in-house IT team support
• An outstanding opportunity for professional development and career progression
• A college funded Employee Assistance Programme and staff wellbeing
• A supportive, forward thinking and hardworking team who are dedicated to developing the best teaching & learning practice for our students.
Newman RC College information
Newman RC College is an inclusive 11-16 voluntary aided school located in Oldham, ten minutes from Manchester city centre and the breath-taking Pennines. The school is situated in a modern building with state-of-the-art facilities and enjoys excellent transport links. We were judged ‘Good’ by Ofsted in 2020. We are blessed to represent a ‘close-knit’, diverse and talented Catholic community that sees relationships with students and their families as integral to the success of every individual, as well as the belief that there are no limits to a child’s potential, irrespective of background.
• Visit our college website https://www.newmanrc.oldham.sch.uk/
• Check us out on Twitter @NewmanRCCollege
It is essential that you support the college vision of “Dignity and Excellence” by upholding the college's Catholic ethos and the fundamental belief that students must achieve their full learning potential.
Blessed John Henry Newman RC College is committed to safeguarding and protecting the wellbeing of children and young people and expects all staff to share their commitment. An enhanced DBS is required for all successful applicants
Closing Date: 12 noon, Friday 20th May 2022.
Interviews: Tuesday or Wednesday, 24th or 25th May 2022
Please email completed applications to the following email address.
Blessed John Henry Newman RC College ¦ Tel: 0161 785 8858 ¦ Email: Newmanhr@newmanrc.oldham.sch.uk