Summer Provision in Oldham
The followinginformation is from Oldham Local Authority.
From 13 July, the updated Summer Childcare offer will be published on the Family Information Service. The offer is based on the most recent government guidance.
Summer activities – priority registration for vulnerable children
You can find the new Summer Activities offer here. This provision combines face-to-face activities with a range of online workshops. Given the limited availability of free activities, we willprioritise the spaces for vulnerable children. This includes:
- Open to or undergoing assessment by CSC
- Those with EHCP or undergoing assessment
- Known to Early Help and / or Short Breaks Team
- Funded 2-year olds; Vulnerable 2-year olds and those with NRPF
- Asylum Seekers and those in temporary accommodation
- Known to Youth Justice System
- Young Carers
- Previously CLA; Care Leavers with EHC
- PEX and / or Fair Access
For families accessing summer provision, the government guidance is here.
Where possible we encourage students attend in twos or threes to increase engagement. While some activities have capped numbers (due to both venue and staffing capacity) many can respond to demand. Where this is possible, we will increase the numbers of sessions as students register.