Teacher of Art (0.6) 3 days per week
Teacher of Art (0.6) 3 days per week ¦ MPS/UPS + Pension Scheme (TPS) + Health benefits + Additional Newman benefits ¦ Required to start 1st September 2018
The Governors of Blessed John Henry Newman RC College are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, highly motivated and passionate individual to the role of Teacher of Art. The successful candidate should be well qualified, with the vision and energy to inspire and motivate young people and colleagues alike and will assist in realising the college vision.
We are looking for applicants who have:
- a determination to make a difference
- excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills
- aspirations to progress in their professional careers
- creativity and a clear love of, and passion for art and design
- the enthusiasm to engage and support students through a range of extra-curricular activities
What we can offer you:
- Experience of teaching in a good school, a ‘close-knit community’ where Ofsted report (May 2016):
There is a buzz around teaching. Teachers skilfully guide pupils to make good and better progress in all manner of different styles and techniques.
It is not uncommon for an adult to enter a classroom unnoticed by the pupils because they are so engrossed in their work.
Typically, pupils behave well in lessons and at social times. Pupils make good progress due to high-quality, engaging teaching and learning.
- State of the art facilities, including a laptop and iPad for all teachers
- An outstanding opportunity for professional development and career progression
(Please see the employer of choice booklet for further details).
It is essential that you support the college vision of “Dignity and Excellence” by upholding the college’s Catholic ethos and the fundamental belief that students must achieve their full learning potential.
Blessed John Henry Newman RC College is committed to safeguarding and protecting the wellbeing of children and young people and expects all staff to share their commitment. An enhanced DBS is required for all successful applicants
If you are successfully shortlisted and invited for interview, please be aware that you will be asked to bring a portfolio of work. Please include examples of work with Key Stage 3 and 4 and your own work if applicable.
Closing Date: 12 noon on Wednesday 21st March 2018
Interviews: Friday 23rd March 2018
Please email completed applications to the following email address. If you need an application pack to be posted to your address, please contact:
Hayley Cassell ¦ Senior HR Administrator ¦ Blessed John Henry Newman RC College
Tel: 0161 785 8858 ext.3201 ¦ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org