Teacher of Design Technology
Teacher of Design Technology ¦ Full time, full year, permanent ¦ MPS/UPS ¦ Pension Scheme (TPS) + Employee Health Assistance Programme + Staff Wellbeing benefits ¦ Required to start September 2020
Newman RC College is an inclusive 11-16 voluntary aided school located in Oldham, ten minutes from Manchester city centre and the breath-taking Pennines. The school is situated in a new building with state-of-the-art facilities and enjoys excellent transport links. We are oversubscribed, judged ‘Good’ by Ofsted in 2020 and subsequently awarded Greater Manchester School of the Year by Manchester Evening News. We are blessed to represent a ‘close-knit’, diverse and talented Catholic community that sees relationships with students and their families as integral to the success of every individual, as well as the belief that there are no limits to a child’s potential, irrespective of background.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, highly motivated and inspiring individual to the role of Teacher of Design Technology. The successful candidate should be well qualified, with the vision and energy to engage and empower young people and colleagues alike. Experience of teaching Design Technology is essential. Experience of teaching (DEC) Design, Engineering and Construction is desirable.
We are looking for applicants who have:
- a determination to make a difference
- excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills
- aspirations to progress in their professional careers
- the enthusiasm to engage and support students
What we can offer you:
- Experience of teaching in an Ofsted graded GOOD school (Jan 2020)
- State of the art facilities, reprographics room and coloured printers in every hub, fully fitted IT equipment in every classroom and in-house IT team support
- Design workshop and classroom areas
- An outstanding opportunity for professional development and career progression
- A dedicated staff wellbeing coordinator and college funded Employee Assistance Programme
(Please see the employer of choice booklet for further details).
It is essential that you support the college vision of “Dignity and Excellence” by upholding the college’s Catholic ethos and the fundamental belief that students must achieve their full learning potential.
Blessed John Henry Newman RC College is committed to safeguarding and protecting the wellbeing of children and young people and expects all staff to share their commitment. An enhanced DBS is required for all successful applicants
Closing Date: 12 noon on Thursday 23 April 2020
Interviews: Tuesday 28 April 2020
Please email completed applications to the following email address.
Hayley Cassell ¦ Senior HR Administrator ¦ Blessed John Henry Newman RC College ¦ Tel: 0161 785 8858 ext.3201 ¦ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application form (If you would like a Word Processor version of this document, please email H.Cassell or visit this role on TES.com)