Letter – Year 11
The following letter has been sent to parents/guardians of Year 11 pupils today.
I write to inform you that as of today, Thursday 7th June, all Year 11 students have been granted the opportunity to complete independent revision at home. Therefore, it is now only compulsory that students attend College for any remaining GCSE examinations which they are still required to sit.
Over the remaining weeks it is the responsibility of students to ensure that they arrive at least 15 minutes before any GCSE examinations are due to begin, so as to ensure ample time for the start of the exams. Breakfast will be served in the Dining Hall from 8:00am for all Year 11 students on the remaining occasions of morning examinations.
We do not wish to prevent students from accessing revision in college with teachers for any examinations they are still to sit .Therefore, Year 11 staff will be available during scheduled Year 11 lesson time. To minimise the disruption of students coming and going then we require all students to comply with the following protocols:
- Students must sign in and out at reception – If Students leave the building then they will not be allowed back in.
- Students are to use their timetable to see when their teachers are free and to go the scheduled classroom that is on their timetable should they wish support.
- If a quiet space for revision is required then the Dining Hall will be available and will be supervised.
- Students must not wander round the college during lesson time and must either be with their teacher or in the Dining Hall.
- Students must attend College in full school uniform – Hoodies can be worn instead of their school blazer. Students must have their ID badges
- If any student does not comply with the protocols the college will follow the behaviour policy.
May I take this opportunity to thank you for all your support and encouragement during the GCSE examination period, and indeed throughout all of your child’s time as part of the Newman family. We, as well as yourselves, wish all of our Year 11 students the best of luck for their final GCSE examination, and of course look forward to celebrating their successes with them in August. Details of GCSE results day will be sent to all parents and students in the coming weeks.
Thank you for your ongoing support,