Equal Opportunities Policy
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES POLICY
Newman RC College is committed to seeking equality of opportunity for all, irrespective of race, gender, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, age, class or disability.
Newman RC College actively seeks to demonstrate this commitment by adopting policies, codes of practice and action plans to combat discrimination in any form.
Staff and students are required to reflect their commitment to equality of opportunities and anti-discriminatory practices.
Newman RC College will promote equality of opportunity for all students and staff by:
• Demonstrating opposition to all forms of discrimination in every aspect of its operations
• Identifying and removing practices and procedures which unfairly discriminate
• Increasing awareness and positive attitudes at all levels in the centre toward people experiencing discrimination
• Creating a welcoming atmosphere for all students, staff and visitors
• Monitoring all operations to ensure no form of discrimination or harassment is taking place
• Provision will be made for Learners who require reasonable adjustments to be made by providing suitable assessment locations and technical aids where appropriate.
This policy will be reviewed annually and is the overall responsibility of the Centre Manager under the direction of Assistant Headteacher Kerry Phillips.